Water Treatment & Distribution
The Water and Wastewater Division is responsible for:
- Maintaining water quality through laboratory analysis
- Ensuring an adequate supply of drinking water
- Maintaining acceptable water pressure and volume for fire protection
- Operating the treatment facility in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring all “Safe Drinking Water Act” regulations are met and detailed in the Water Quality Report
The water distribution system delivers a safe and adequate supply of drinking water from the treatment plants. Our staff also reads and maintains more than 13,864 water meters and provides the City's Utility Billing Department
with monthly billing information.
Wastewater Treatment & Collection
Division responsibilities include:
- Operation and maintenance of all sanitary sewer lines, manholes, and lift stations in the wastewater collection system to minimize wastewater stoppages
- Ensuring the safe delivery of wastewater from customer to the treatment plant
- Providing the citizens of Grapevine with a high level of service
The system also provides for the safe treatment and disposal of bio-solids to landfill and provides wastewater treatment
in an efficient and cost-effective manner, while abiding by all EPA, TCEQ and Clean Water Act requirements.