About the Office of Emergency Management
The City of Grapevine Office of Emergency Management (OEM) works before, during, and after local disasters to minimize impacts on the community. We operate in coordination with other city departments, the private sector, and community stakeholders to promote preparedness, prevention, response, recovery, and mitigation.
The City of Grapevine Office of Emergency Management strives to be:
- Comprehensive — take into account all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders and all impacts relevant to disasters.
- Progressive — anticipate future disasters and take preventive and preparatory measures to build a disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient community.
- Risk-Driven — use sound risk management principles (hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources.
- Integrated — ensure unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community.
- Collaborative — create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication.
- Coordinated — synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose.
- Flexible — use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges.
- Professional — value a science and knowledge-based approach based on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement.