eBooks and Audiobooks
These are mostly nonfiction and academic books that are only available for viewing on a computer, they cannot be downloaded to an e-reader.
EBSCOhost requires that you set up an account with a username and password. If it asks you for a Patron ID information from your administrator, type in the full 16 digit barcode on the back of the library card. You will then need to sign in using the account information using a user name and password.
Towards the bottom of the screen you will see a listing for eBook collection, and one for audiobook collection. If you already have an EBSCOhost account, you can click on those separate databases to access the collection. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call, 817.410.3404 or visit the EBSCO Help page.
Overdrive - eBooks and Audiobooks
This is the most popular database for popular fiction and nonfiction titles. There is no limit to the number of ways you can access media. Either from your computer, Kindle, Nook, smartphone, tablet, iPad, or many other devices.
OneClickDigital - Audiobooks
Only audiobooks by Publisher Recorded Books are included in this database.
Streaming audiobooks for children, teens, and adults. No login needed.
Free Online eBooks
- Baen Books - Science fiction and fantasy books available for PC or Kindle.
- Book Lending - Allows you to lend or borrow books between Kindles.
- InkMesh - Searches more than thirty online sources for free eBooks.
- Project Gutenberg - The original site for over 33,000 free eBooks.
- Google Books - Nearly 3 million eBooks from the public domain
- Munseys - Offers 20,000 eBooks for Kindles, Nooks, and Sony Readers
- Open Library - Over one million books available to borrow from other libraries
Online Book Club
Grapevine Public Library provides an online book club service for our cardholders. Once you have signed up, each week you will be emailed excerpts from a selected book. You can sign up in any of the following categories:
- Good news