Welcome building owners, developers, builders and contractors to the City of Grapevine. Below is a list of information that may assist you in completing your project or development. However, should you have questions after reading, don’t hesitate to call or email us.
- After hours inspection services - $45 per hour with a minimum charge of $90
- Third Party Fire Systems Plan Reviews are charged by the third party.
Fire Protection Systems Submittals
- Fire protection & alarm systems require plan review by a third-party reviewer.
- Submit your plans to the third-party reviewer,
- Upon receipt of those reviewed documents in the proper format, a permit from the Grapevine Fire Department will be issued.
- You will be notified upon your permit being ready.
- Pre-engineered type suppression system: Submit Plans direct to the Fire Department or to a Third Party Reviewer
- Call 817.410.4400 to request inspections
- Fire protection and alarm systems require inspection and tests
- Final or Certificate of Occupancy inspections are required prior to moving in
Permits (GFD does not currently charge for permits)
- A permit is required :
- To install or modify Fire protection and alarm systems
- Flammable and combustible liquids systems / tanks
- Hazardous materials
- Tents and membrane structures erection and use
- These are the most common permits we issue.
- Plans and documents that require a permit as noted above shall be submitted in PDF image form.
- Plan PDF images submitted that require a third-party review must be stamped by the reviewer and the and the PDF reflect the reviewed stamp prior to the permit being issued.
- Reviewed paper plans shall be kept on the job site along with the permit until final inspection or test.
Current Adopted Fire Code
- 2015 International Fire Code with local amendments
- Please click Fire Code Amendments to see our local amendments